CrossPurpose has an immediate opening for a part time Weekend Custodian who is disciplined, skillful, systematic, dependable, with strong attention to detail and follow through, and enjoys a mixture of working with people but mostly working alone. Successful applicants will have some prior experience in cleaning. If this describes you, we would love to talk with you about this opportunity!
We need a custodian who will show up to work every scheduled day, on time, stay until the end of the shift, and work hard the entire shift, even when no one else is in the building. Priorities will be set and accountability maintained through daily communication with your supervisor. Duties include general cleaning, light maintenance, room set up and tear down, no special certifications required. The hours are Saturday and Sunday evening, 6-10pm, with additional hours when guests are scheduled. If the candidate is also available on Wednesday evenings, additional hours are available.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include a brief paragraph for each of the following questions:
- Please tell us how you are well qualified for the position.
- Please tell us how this position aligns with your career goals.
- CrossPurpose is a Christian faith based organization. Tell us how you practice your faith, and what church you attend.
- Please tell us what resonates for you with the CrossPurpose Mission Statement: ‘CrossPurpose is a nonprofit organization abolishing relational, economic, and spiritual poverty through career and community development.’
- Please tell us about your personal experience with exiting poverty, or helping others to do so (if any).
WHO WE ARE:
CrossPurpose is a stable and growing Christian faith-based nonprofit organization in northeast Denver helping people to move from poverty into living wage careers since 2013. As a part of our team, you are helping people who are battling every day to bring improvement to their families. While our career development program has no religious content, we only hire staff who are active members of a local Christian church. Learn more about our work and our team at our website www.crosspurpose.org. CrossPurpose was honored to be selected for the 2021 Best Places to Work list by The Denver Business Journal! If you are just looking for a job, we are not the place for you. If you want to go ‘all in’ with a team that is passionate about helping people in our community to exit poverty, we would love to hear from you!