Community Program Director
Would friends and strangers describe you as an extrovert? Are you fluent with words and highly persuasive if you are passionate about something? Do you thrive in an organization that values your ability to build relationships? Are you a skilled teacher who can capture the attention of a room?
If these statements describe you, we would love to hire you as our Community Program Director!
The Community Program Director will lead our staff and participants as they embark on a six month journey to develop careers, get jobs, and lift their families out of poverty. You will be the primary teacher of our program, lead our team of coaches and support staff, and be the face of our organization to our participants, partners, and the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- A skilled teacher who can capture the attention of a room.
- A deep level of knowledge and understanding of the complexity of poverty and a familiarity working with issues of poverty with either personal life experience or 3 + years of experience
- 3+ years of supervision and management experience required, preferably in a complex multi-program environment
- 5+ years of cross-cultural leadership experience
- 3+ years of teaching experience in a diverse context
- Highly knowledgeable about and experienced in career coaching and job search skills.
- Proven ability to motivate others and solve problems
- Must be able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources
- Actively involved in a biblical Christian church and have a strong pastoral reference.
- Deep passion for our mission to love our neighbors through career and community development
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary range $72,500-87,000
- Up to 5% performance bonus
- Vacation, sick, and personal days off, limited duty from Christmas through New Years Day
- Health, dental, vision, and disability insurance
Who We Are
CrossPurpose is a stable and growing Christian faith-based nonprofit organization in northeast Denver helping people to move from poverty into living wage careers since 2013. As a part of our team, you are helping people who are battling every day to bring improvement to their families. While our career development program has no religious content, we only hire staff who are active members of a local Christian church. Learn more about our work and our team at our website www.crosspurpose.org. CrossPurpose was honored to be selected for the 2021 Best Places to Work list by The Denver Business Journal! If you are just looking for a job, we are not the place for you. If you want to go ‘all in’ with a team that is passionate about helping people in our community to exit poverty, we would love to hear from you!
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter must clearly answers these five questions:
- One paragraph that tells us how you are highly qualified for this position.
- One paragraph that tells us how this position will help you progress toward your personal career goals.
- One paragraph that tells us about your experience with exiting poverty (if any).
- One paragraph that tells us about where you go to church and your current involvement with that church.
- One paragraph that tells us how your personal passions for Christian ministry resonate with our organizational mission statement.
Stock cover letters which do not answer these questions, clearly and specifically, will be automatically disqualified.
CrossPurpose is committed to growing diversity in our program and in our staff. Our program participants are +75% from minority cultures. Check out our staff page to get to know our team.