Community Program Director
Would friends and strangers describe you as an extrovert? Are you fluent with words and highly persuasive if you are passionate about something? Do you thrive in an organization that values your ability to build relationships? Are you a skilled teacher who can capture the attention of a room?
If these statements describe you, we would love to hire you as our Community Program Director!
The Community Program Director will lead our staff and participants as they embark on a six month journey to develop careers, get jobs, and lift their families out of poverty. You will be the primary teacher of our program, lead our team of coaches and support staff, and be the face of our organization to our participants, partners, and the community.
Who We Are
CrossPurpose is a stable and growing Christian faith-based nonprofit organization in northeast Denver helping people to move from poverty into living wage careers since 2013. As a part of our team, you are helping people who are battling every day to bring improvement to their families. While our career development program has no religious content, we only hire staff who are active members of a local Christian church. Learn more about our work and our team at our website www.crosspurpose.org. CrossPurpose was honored to be selected for the 2021 Best Places to Work list by The Denver Business Journal! If you are just looking for a job, we are not the place for you. If you want to go ‘all in’ with a team that is passionate about helping people in our community to exit poverty, we would love to hear from you!
CrossPurpose is committed to growing diversity in our program and in our staff. Our program participants are +75% from minority cultures. Check out our staff page to get to know our team.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include a brief paragraph for each of the following questions:
- Please tell us how you are well qualified for the position.
- Please tell us how this position aligns with your career goals.
- CrossPurpose is a Christian faith based organization. Tell us how you practice your faith, and what church you attend.
- Please tell us what resonates for you with the CrossPurpose Mission Statement: ‘CrossPurpose is a nonprofit organization abolishing relational, economic, and spiritual poverty through career and community development.’
- Please tell us about your personal experience with exiting poverty, or helping others to do so (if any).