Chief Development Officer
How would you like a career as a part of a team that is supporting people who are battling it out every day to build a better future for themselves and their families?
CrossPurpose is seeking a full time Chief Development Officer.
We are looking for:
- Proven track record of nonprofit fundraising
- Executive management experience
- Well connected to sources of funding, particularly in Denver and Colorado
- Actively involved in a biblical Christian church and have a strong pastoral reference
- Deep passion for our mission to love our neighbors through career and community development
Does this describe you? If so, we would love to talk to you about this opportunity!
CrossPurpose is a Christian faith based nonprofit organization in northeast Denver helping people to move from poverty into living wage careers. While there is no direct religious content in our program and we welcome people of all faiths or no faith into the program, all of our staff must be deeply committed to biblical Christianity and have a passion for social justice. This is not a job, this is a calling. We are a diverse community and candidates of color are encouraged to apply.
The starting pay range is $105,000-125,000 per year depending on qualifications, with additional bonuses for achieving funding goals. We are willing to consider relocating the right candidate for this position. Our benefits package includes health, dental, vision, short and long term disability, vacation, personal days, and sick days.
CrossPurpose is committed to growing diversity in our program and in our staff. Our program participants are +75% from non majority cultures. Check out our staff page to get to know our team – https://www.crosspurpose.org/our-team/.
To learn more about our organization, go to www.crosspurpose.org.
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must clearly answers these five questions:
- One paragraph that tells us how you are highly qualified for this position.
- One paragraph that tells us how this position will help you progress toward your personal career goals.
- One paragraph that tells us about your experience with exiting poverty (if any).
- One paragraph that tells us about where you go to church and your current involvement with that church.
- One paragraph that tells us how your personal passions for Christian ministry resonate with our organizational mission statement https://www.crosspurpose.org/about-us/.
Stock cover letters which do not answer these questions, clearly and specifically, will be automatically disqualified. Due to the volume of responses, we will only contact you if we are interested in considering you as a candidate, and a full job description will be made available at that time. Our hiring process requires drug testing, background check (but we believe in second chances), social media review, pastoral references, and talking to all of your supervisors for the past five years.