CrossPurpose is a Christian faith-based nonprofit organization in northeast Denver helping people to move from poverty into living wage careers. We have three immediate openings for Career Coaches. A Career Coach advises our program participants through a six month journey of Personal Development, Skills Development, and job searching. You will work with a team to coach 50 program participants (we call them Leaders) to develop and attain career goals. You are hands-on, in the trenches, shoulder-to-shoulder with people who are battling it out to build a better future for themselves and their families. The position includes elements of career coaching and life coaching.
What does a CrossPurpose Career Coach look like?
- Strong career coaching skills – Building resume, cover letter and references, interviewing preparation, job search skills
- Enthusiastic about coaching our Leaders to develop career goals, action plans, and holding them accountable to work their plan
- Highly energized by people interaction
- Deeply experienced with exiting poverty, personally as a coach
- Broad relationships across racial and economic differences
- Reflects the character of Christ in every aspect of life
- Personally committed to addressing issues of injustice in our society
- Looking for a ministry first and a job second
Does this describe you? If so, we would love to talk to you as soon as possible!
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB, FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER!
FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL CAUSE THE PROCESS TO AUTOMATICALLY REJECT YOUR APPLICATION
1. Prepare an excellent resume (no longer than two pages) that shows how you are highly qualified to be a Career Coach
2. Prepare an excellent cover letter (no longer than two pages) that demonstrates how working with CrossPurpose will support both your career and ministry goals
3. Combine your cover letter and resume into a single PDF document, which will be uploaded after the brief word survey
4. In order to be considered for this position, you must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below and complete a brief word survey. After the survey you will upload the document prepared in step 3
Thank you for your interest in CrossPurpose, we look forward to reviewing your application. Due to the volume of responses we do not send rejection notices, so you will only hear from us if you move to the next stage of our process.