How would you like a career that places you hands-on, in the trenches, shoulder-to-shoulder supporting people who are battling it out every day to build a better future for themselves and their families?
CrossPurpose is a Christian faith-based nonprofit organization in northeast Denver helping people to move from poverty into living wage careers. We have an immediate opening for a Career Coach. A Career Coach advises our program participants through a six month journey of Personal Development, Skills Development, and job searching. You will work with a team to coach 50 program participants (we call them Leaders) to develop and attain career goals. The position includes elements of career coaching and life coaching. We have positions open in our Northeast Denver location, and in our Englewood location.
What does a CrossPurpose Career Coach look like?
- Strong career coaching skills – Building resume, cover letter and references, interviewing preparation, job search skills
- Enthusiastic about coaching our Leaders to develop career goals, action plans, and holding them accountable to work their plan
- Highly energized by people interaction
- Deeply experienced with exiting poverty, personally or as a coach
- Broad relationships across racial and economic differences
- Reflects the character of Christ in every aspect of life
- Personally committed to addressing issues of injustice in our society
- Looking for a ministry first and a job second
Does this describe you? If so, we would love to talk to you as soon as possible!
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter must clearly answers these five questions:
- One paragraph that tells us how you are highly qualified for this position.
- One paragraph that tells us how this position will help you progress toward your personal career goals.
- One paragraph that tells us about your experience (personal or as a career coach) with exiting poverty.
- One paragraph that tells us about where you go to church and your current involvement with that church.
- One paragraph that tells us how your personal passions for Christian ministry resonate with our organizational mission statement https://www.crosspurpose.org/about-us/.
Stock cover letters which do not answer these questions, clearly and specifically, will be automatically disqualified.
The starting pay range for this position is $49,000 – $58,800 with a potential for a 5% annual performance bonus and annual pay increases. CrossPurpose offers insurance (health, dental, vision, disability), vacation days, sick days, and personal days. Click here to see a summary of employee benefits.
CrossPurpose is committed to growing diversity in our program and in our staff. Our program participants are +75% from minority cultures. Check out our staff page to get to know our team – https://www.crosspurpose.org/our-team/.