Alumni Administrative Assistant
How would you like a career as a part of a team that is supporting people who are battling it out every day to build a better future for themselves and their families?
CrossPurpose is a Christian faith-based nonprofit in northeast Denver that is helping people to move from poverty into living wage careers. We have an immediate opening for an Alumni Administrative Assistant. The pandemic has hit the US economy hard, and many of our alumni have suffered job loss or a reduction in income. Our Alumni Association is in need of an Administrative Assistant that can handle the day to day organization and reporting for our Alumni team.
What does a CrossPurpose Alumni Administrative Assistant look like?
- An optimistic outlook, energized by people interaction, outgoing and persuasive
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Enjoys working systematically
- Skilled at using Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.) and SalesForce
- Able to maintain focus for long periods
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Personal experience with exiting poverty is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Reflects the character of Christ in every aspect of life, active church involvement
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Personally committed to addressing issues of injustice in our society
- Enthusiastic about CrossPurpose’s mission
- Looking for a ministry first and a job second
Does this describe you? If so, we would love to talk to you as soon as possible!
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must clearly answers these five questions:
- One paragraph that tells us how you are highly qualified for this position.
- One paragraph that tells us how this position will help you progress toward your personal career goals.
- One paragraph that tells us about your personal experience with exiting poverty. (If you don’t have this, it is not required for this position, just tell us straight that this is not your experience.)
- One paragraph that tells us about where you go to church and your current involvement with that church.
- One paragraph that tells us how your personal passions for Christian ministry resonate with our organizational mission statement (see the ‘About Us’ page on our website).
Stock cover letters which do not answer these questions, clearly and specifically, will be automatically disqualified.
The starting pay range for this position is $38,000 – $43,700, with a potential for a 5% annual performance bonus and annual pay increases. CrossPurpose offers insurance (health, dental, vision, disability), vacation days, sick days, personal days, and other benefits.
CrossPurpose is committed to growing diversity in our program and in our staff. Our program participants are +75% from non majority cultures. We have a ways to go yet in staff diversity, but check out our staff page to see our team – https://www.crosspurpose.org/our-team/.