The Vice President of Programs [VPP] is responsible for leading all CrossPurpose program teams and managing the day-to-day operations and all aspects of the program. In addition, they are accountable for achieving the organization’s annual career and community development goals and objectives.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Leadership, Staff Performance Management, and Program Strategy
- Program Oversight and Evaluation
- Curriculum Design and Implementation
- Bachelor degree in Education or related field required
- Strong data management skills required; proficient in Salesforce a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to centering antiracism work resulting in a diverse, inclusive, and culturally competent organization and staff.
- A deep level of knowledge and understanding of the complexity of poverty and familiarity working with issues of poverty.
- Evidence of cultural sensitivity in past employment and life experiences, along with the capacity to speak to aspects of their own identity, including race, and how their identity has shaped their leadership behavior and philosophy.
- 7+ years of supervision and management experience required, preferably in a complex multi-program environment.
- 10+ years of cross-cultural leadership experience.
- Track record of cultivating C-suite partnerships.
- Proven teaching and communication skills with the ability to convey complex messages and inspire trust. Must have 7+ years of teaching experience in a diverse context.
- Proven ability to identify and work through conflict and deliver, receive and convert on growth area feedback.
- Attention to detail, high standards, initiative, and follow-through.
- Demonstrated understanding of what it takes to build a supportive, collegial work culture.
- Must be able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources.
- Deep passion for the CrossPurpose mission, values, and core behaviors.
- Employee must provide a working laptop (PC preferred) and smartphone.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting Salary Range: $92,000 – 110,400
- Performance Bonus: Up to 5% of salary
- Vacation, Sick & Personal Days: Designated vacation, sick and personal days each year; plus the office is closed Christmas Day – New Years Day and staff have limited duties.
- Insurance Benefits: Health, dental, vision insurance. Click here to see a summary of employee benefits.
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must clearly cover these five questions:
- One paragraph that tells us how you are highly qualified for this position.
- One paragraph that tells us how this position will help you progress toward your personal career goals.
- One paragraph that tells us about your experience with exiting poverty (if any).
- One paragraph that tells us about where you go to church and your current involvement with that church.
- One paragraph that tells us how your personal passions for Christian ministry resonate with our organizational mission statement.
Stock cover letters which do not answer these questions, clearly and specifically, will be automatically disqualified.
CrossPurpose is committed to growing diversity in our program and in our staff. Our program participants are +75% from minority cultures. Check out our staff page to get to know our team.